Wait. Okay, my second favorite combination: raspberries and chocolate.
This dessert has more calories than Annie has centimeters, but that's still not very many.
Before baking this bomb batch of berry-infused brownies, you'll need this stuff:
(recipe courtesy of epicurious.com)
7 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
8 ounces butter
1 3/4 cups brown sugar
1 1/3 cups plain (all-purpose) flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/3 cup cocoa, sifted
1 1/2 cups raspberries, fresh or frozen (if you use frozen, no need to defrost)
Then, do this:
- Preheat Oven to 355°F.
- Place chocolate and butter in a small saucepan over low heat and stir until melted and smooth.
- Place chocolate in a bowl with sugar and eggs.
- Sift over the flour, baking powder and cocoa and mix to combine.
- Pour into a 9 inch baking pan lined with non-stick baking paper (which we didn't have, and it wasn't the end of the world).
- Top the mixture with the raspberries and bake for 30-35 minutes or until set. Serve warm.
That's it! Let the Age of Baking begin.
Our Basil plant is really bored.