If you'd like to join us on this delicious new floor-wide friendship, then make sure you have this stuff:
1 loaf French Bread
1 1/2 cups milk
Salt and pepper
Olive Oil (duh)
Whatever veggies or meats you'd like to throw in. We used asparagus, tomatoes, mushrooms, and red pepper.
Then, do this:
- Cut the crust off your French loaf and cut into 1 inch cubes
- Place cubes French bread pieces into a 13x9 greased pan.
- Whisk eggs in a bowl, add milk and salt and pepper.
- In a frying pan, sauté vegetables and meats with olive oil.. ours looked something like this:
5. Pour your egg mix over the bread, followed by your sautéed vegetables. It should look like this:
6. If possible, store in fridge overnight. Preferable, but not necessary.
7. Bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes, depending how you like yo eggs. Make sure the middle is set and not too runny. Let it sit for a few minutes before serving, and it should look something like this:
Enjoy! Also, our Basil plant is still flourishing.